At this point you’ve probably already purged every kitchen cabinet and rearranged your entire living room. Now that the inside of your house tidy and clean, it’s time to move on to the outside. Summer is quickly approaching and since we have a bit more time on our hands right now, get your backyard ready for BBQ’s and corn hole tournaments! Here’s a checklist of some simple maintenance chores:
- Bag any debris such as sticks, leaves and pine cones.
- Sprinkle a mixture of grass seed and fertilizer over any bare spots.
- Tip: Don’t attempt to rake when the lawn is still damp because the grass can be ripped away from it’s roots.
- Rake the existing mulch in your garden or flowerbeds to freshen them up and get some air in there.
- Check your grills connection and scrape the grates with a long handled wire brush. Click here for the best way to clean your grill.
- Power wash your driveway, the side of your house and your deck/patio, as needed.
- Scrub your metal or plastic furniture with a mixture of liquid dish soap and warm water. Spray it with your hose and then tip it onto it’s side to air dry.
- Clean out your shed, give the inside a new makeover. Once you’re done with that, paint the outside a brand new color and decorate it with some hanging baskets!
Now that you’ve finished cleaning up, it’s time for the fun part. Here are a few exterior DIY projects you can tackle on your own:
- Build a flower planter to add volume to your garden! Check Pinterest for some inspiration.
- As long as it’s in accordance to your city ordinance, build a fire pit. Check Lowes, Home Depot or your local hardware store for a fire pit kit. It contains everything you need in order to do it yourself!
- Build an outdoor Murphy style mini bar. It drops down into a bar top when you’re ready to party and folds up when you’re not using it!
Check your local Allderdice Ace Hardware for amazing April deals. All sales are done by phone with curbside delivery to ensure everyone’s safety.