Sub-ber Time & the Livin’s Easy
The best local subs in the Saratoga region
No matter what you call them (sub, hoagie, grinder, hero, torpedo or wedge) or what you like to stuff them with, these over-sized sandwiches are a perfect, portable, grab ‘n go meal. According to a recent local Nextdoor poll, here are the places serving up the most-loved subs in the Saratoga region.
Roma’s (Saratoga Springs)
A family run business that originated in Albany’s “Little Italy” and opened a Saratoga location in the 1980’s.
- Quality meats, cheeses & bread
- Made to order
- Good Old Italian Mix Sammich: Genoa Salami, Lean Cappy, pepperoni, provolone, lettuce, tomato, onion, and choice of red roasted, hot chopped, or banana peppers for $7.50.
Fat Paulie’s (Saratoga Springs)
A Long Island style deli specializing in deli meats, home made mozzarella, pasta specials, heroes, salads and more.
- “The Mutz” – fresh homemade mozzarella made every morning at the deli, featured on many of their sandwiches and available for sale ($8/1lb ball)
- Anthony & Sons Italian Bakery (North Jersey) hero rolls – they supply numerous downstate delis in NYC and Long Island and deliver fresh bread to Fat Paulie’s 7 mornings a week
- Italian mix hero – nitrite free ham, imported mortadella, capicola, Genoa salami, imported Prosciutto di Parma and imported sharp provolone
- Fat Paulie Special – hot roast beef (roasted in house) sandwich with ladles of au jus and slabs of their homemade mozzarella made daily at the deli
- Chicken parm hero – a hand trimmed and hand breaded chicken cutlet from Murray’s (one of the only certified humanely raised chicken producers in the country), their red sauce and the mutz
- “Risk It For The Brisket” – a 4-hour red wine braised brisket, finished simply on a roll their horseradish sauce and arugula
- Pork schnitzel
“As far as COVID, we’ve been open the entire time doing curbside takeout and delivery. We waived the delivery charge for now too. We’re still sticking to curbside and delivery and haven’t opened the inside of the deli to customers since this all out of an abundance of caution. We ask that you place your order online using the menu above or call ahead and place your order and pay by phone (518-581-5918) and we will gladly run it out to you curbside. Just call again when you’re here, so we know to bring it out. We also offer delivery using our own drivers (not a third party delivery service).”
Marino’s Pizza (Saratoga Springs)
The old school neighborhood classic.
- Bread (made fresh daily)
- Their enormous size
- Generous meat portions
- Meatball sub
Italian deli & import store in Malta.
- Roast beef sub
- Italian mix sub – Genoa salami, mortadella w/pistachio, fatty cappy, provolone, lettuce, tomato,onion, Italian dressing
- Hot homemade chicken cutlet sub – fresh mozz, lettuce, tomato, onion, roasted red, pepper, balsamic vinegar
- Chicken cutlet parm sub
- Meatball parm sub
Cannone’s Deli (Gansevoort)
Family-owned, New York style quick stop deli.
- Cannone’s special – ham, capicola, pepperoni, provolone
- All Boar’s Head cold cuts
- Egg sandwiches
You might also like…