Town-Wide Trash Pickup Monday, May 8
For Residents of Round Lake & Malta
The town of Malta, in partnership with County Waste, has announced a town-wide, bulk waste pick-up for all residents of the town of Malta, and the village of Round Lake. The trucks will begin collecting in those areas on Monday, May 8, 2017.
Residents of Malta & the village of Round Lake only
Residents are asked to place bulk items at the curb or along the edge of their property by 7:00 PM on Sunday evening May 7th. There is no daily schedule by street, so residents are asked to be patient with the collection process.
- Furniture: sofas, love seats, recliners, tables, chairs, mattresses, box springs rugs/carpets (under 4′ and must be rolled), patio furniture
- Appliances: washers, dryers, hot water tanks, stoves, dishwashers, grills
- Fixtures: sinks, toilets, cabinets, doors, screens
- Misc: bicycles, lawnmowers, weedeaters/trimmers, automotive parts (small parts, no oil or gas), small household repair materials, small metal sheds)
→Metal (including approved appliances): must be placed in a separate pile, items such as pipes may be no longer than 6′
→Max pile size per household must not exceed 4 ft x 8 ft x 4 ft
- Appliances: Refrigerators, freezers, air conditioners
- Fixtures: glass doors, windows, tubs, hot tubs
- Misc: riding mowers, TVs, computers, fluorescent bulbs, motor oil, tree stumps, logs, yard waste, tires, paints, stains, sealers, household chemicals, aerosol cans, gas cans, propane tanks wood sheds, decks, boats, loose trash/garbage, demolition material, electronics
Some items in the “acceptable” list above may be ideal re-sale items at Habitat for Humanity’s new ReStore opening this summer! If you have gently used household items or appliances to donate, contact our local Habitat for Humanity and ask about a scheduled pickup for larger items (518) 415-2525 or email ReStore@glensfallshabitat.org