Battle for the Best Subs In Saratoga County
It’s fall and as we spend more time inside and in our kitchens, it’s hard to deny the allure of an easy takeout bite. Something about subs and sandwiches just screams “healthy,” (regardless of what you stuff them with), so if you need a big mealtime solution for these shorter fall days, here are the current top places for the tastiest subs in Saratoga County.
Marino’s Pizza (Saratoga Springs)
The old school neighborhood classic, and home of the Scudders.
- “Home of the Scudders”
- Their enormous size
- Generous meat portions
- Bread (made fresh daily)
- Meatball sub
Cardona’s (formerly Roma’s, Saratoga Springs)
A family-owned Italian specialty foods market and catering company serving the Capital Region since 1945. Cardona’s offers Boar’s Head products and house-roasted meats, subs, fresh salads, artisan breads, savory soups, baked goods made from scratch, and large assortment of grocery items.
- Quality meats, cheeses & bread
- Made to order
- Good Old Italian Mix Sammich: Genoa Salami, Lean Cappy, pepperoni, provolone, lettuce, tomato, onion, and choice of red roasted, hot chopped, or banana peppers
Fat Paulie’s (Saratoga Springs)
A Long Island style deli specializing in deli meats, home made mozzarella, pasta specials, heroes, salads and more.
- Mother’s Special (author’s personal favorite, just ask for extra sauce on the side) – House-roasted garlic and herb-rubbed roast beef, house roast pork debris, swiss cheese, pickles, shredded cabbage & dijon sauce. Just do it.
- Fat Paulie Special – hot roast beef (roasted in house) sandwich with ladles of au jus and slabs of their homemade mozzarella made daily at the deli
- Hot n’ Crispy Doritos Fried Chicken Hero – Hand-trimmed chicken breast coated in crushed Doritos, panko, spices, parm-reggiano, Cabot sharp cheddar, Hot and Crispy Oil mayo, cucumber, and pickled red onion. Total game night game-changer.
- Chicken parm hero – a hand trimmed and hand breaded chicken cutlet from Murray’s (one of the only certified humanely raised chicken producers in the country), their red sauce and the mutz
- “Risk It For The Brisket” – a 4-hour red wine braised brisket, finished simply on a roll their horseradish sauce and arugula
- “The Mutz” – Fresh homemade mozzarella made every morning at the deli, featured on many of their sandwiches and available for sale ($10/1lb ball)
- Anthony & Sons Italian Bakery (North Jersey) hero rolls – they supply numerous downstate delis in NYC and Long Island and deliver fresh bread to Fat Paulie’s 7 mornings a week
Italian deli & import store in Malta.
- Roast beef sub
- Italian mix sub – Genoa salami, mortadella w/pistachio, fatty cappy, provolone, lettuce, tomato, onion, Italian dressing
- Hot homemade chicken cutlet sub – Fresh mozz, lettuce, tomato, onion, roasted red, pepper, balsamic vinegar
- Chicken cutlet parm sub
- Meatball parm sub
Cannone’s Deli (Gansevoort)
Family-owned, New York style quick stop deli.
- Cannone’s special – ham, capicola, pepperoni, provolone
- All Boar’s Head cold cuts
- Egg sandwiches
Just Meats (Greenwich, Schuylerville, Malta)
Old style butcher shop and deli with old fashion service and prices.
- The Saratoga Lake – Pastrami & corned beef, melted Swiss cheese, sauerkraut or coleslaw, Russian dressing on toasted rye bread
- The Sacandaga Lake – Roast beef with teriyaki onions, pepper jack cheese, lettuce, tomato, horseradish mayo on a poppy Kaiser roll
- The Lincoln Pond – Ham, swiss, fried eggplant, banana peppers, lettuce, horseradish ranch dressing on a sub roll
- Make-Your-Own sandwiches & wraps
Sorrentino’s Delicatessen & Market (South Glens Falls, Halfmoon)
A local Italian deli and meat market that’s been open since 2000 with fresh meats and subs/sandwiches, specials, “sausage of the week,” meat plans, freezer plans, produce and more.
- The Goomba – Sopressata, Prosciutto, Ham Cappy, Imported Provolone, Roasted Red Peppers, Lettuce, Tomato, Onion & Italian Dressing
- The Sorrentino Special – Genoa Salami, Pepperoni, Hot Ham, Provolone, Lettuce, Tomato, Onion and Italian Dressing
- That’s Amore – Boar’s Head Sliced Chicken Breast, Roasted Red Peppers, Sundried Tomatoes, Lettuce, Mozzarella Cheese and Italian Dressing
You might also like…