Chat with us, powered by LiveChat

Articles posted in Architecture and History of Saratoga Series

360 Broadway: Architecture and History of Saratoga

360 Broadway (also 6-12 Phila Street) Architecture and History of Saratoga blog series by Commercial REALTOR® Olivia Huffman & Professor James Kettlewell History of 360 Broadway (also 6-12 Phila Street) in Saratoga Springs, NY – Fires have greatly shaped the architectural history of Saratoga Springs. Records show that a large fire in 1865 cleared a number of buildings fronting on Broadway to Putnam Street. After the 1865 fire, Terwilliger’s hardware…

Read More »

519 Broadway: Architecture and History of Saratoga

The Roohan Building – 519 Broadway Architecture and History of Saratoga blog series by Commercial REALTOR® Olivia Huffman & Professor James Kettlewell History of 519 Broadway in Saratoga Springs, NY – The building at 517-519 Broadway, originally called the Community Theater, was one of two main movie theaters in downtown Saratoga Springs. Generations of Saratogians enjoyed this impressive building for decades. The key location on Broadway, across from the City…

Read More »

77 Van Dam Street

77 Van Dam Street Architecture and History of Saratoga blog series by commercial REALTOR®, Olivia Huffman, and Professor James Kettlewell Originally school number 2, the monumental building at 77 Van Dam Street was constructed circa. 1895, at the height of the Victorian building boom, during a famous period in Saratoga’s history. The structure is monumental, with a solid rock-faced ground floor, greek key motifs in the entablature and three dormer…

Read More »

The Mill: Architecture and History of Saratoga

“The Mill” – 125 High Rock Avenue Architecture and History of Saratoga blog series by commercial REALTOR®, Olivia Huffman, and Professor James Kettlewell 125 High Rock Avenue is at the important intersection of High Rock Avenue, Nelson Avenue and Circular Street, next to High Rock Park and behind Excelsior Avenue. Located near the famous High Rock Spring, this remarkable, historic property contains a mineral water fountain called the Empire Spring,…

Read More »

1 Franklin Square: Architecture and History of Saratoga

1 Franklin Square Architecture and History of Saratoga blog series by commercial REALTOR®, Olivia Huffman, and Professor James Kettlewell This distinctive stone Greek Revival is located in the heart of downtown Saratoga Springs. With approximately 5,179 square feet, this beautiful property is in excellent condition and has had many recent improvements including roof, porches, hot water boiler and fencing. Currently set-up with first-floor retail-space and four one-bedroom luxury apartments. Professor…

Read More »

The Arcade Building: Architecture and History of Saratoga

The Arcade Building Architecture and History of Saratoga blog series by Commercial REALTOR® Olivia Huffman & Professor James Kettlewell With a distinctive facade bearing its name on Broadway, the Arcade building has a stately influence along the city of Saratoga’s historic streetscape.  The current Arcade building opened in 1907 as an impressive early commercial mall. According to Professor James Kettlewell, a noted Saratoga historian, “At the time it was constructed, buildings…

Read More »

The Lincoln Baths: Architecture and History of Saratoga

The Lincoln Baths Architecture and History of Saratoga blog series by Commercial REALTOR® Olivia Huffman & Professor James Kettlewell Located at the entrance to SPA State Park, on the corner of Avenue of the Pines and New York State Route 9, the present Lincoln Bath building is one of the notable structures in historic Saratoga Springs. In 1930, the bathhouse was considered one of the largest bathhouses in the world…

Read More »

Sign up for the latest news, updates & more!

Roohan Realty Emails: